I love a good
sugar sugahh scrub. I have been playing with essential oils for a few months now and have made some pretty awesome stuff. This is one of my favorites. It just melts away dry, winter skin.
You will need, sugar, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and lavender essential oil.
+Sugar is an awesome exfoliator. It will not clog your pores and helps to restore your skin’s natural oils.
+Coconut oil helps to moisturize the skin and remove excess dead skin.
+Grapeseed oil is another great moisturizer. It can also minimize skin aging and tighten skin.
+Lavender Essential Oil is one of my favorites. It works great on dry skin and has a nice, calming aroma.
Quinn has had the driest hands ever this winter, so he has been my guinea pig. He hates trying all the different things I have been making lately. Then again, he is a 7 year old boy, go figure. Although, he will admit that he likes how his hands feel after this specific sugar scrub.
Odds are we will be going to visit Keith’s family in Vermont this Thanksgiving. Since we are apparently skipping over fall and going straight to winter, what better timing?
1. I just picked up this new Columbia jacket last week. So far it has been super cozy and warm.
2. Sorel boots. They are very warm and comfortable. Plus they are not Uggs..
3. Everyone needs a scarf!
4. Im a total mittens kinda girl. I love a nice knit pair.
5. My favorite thing in the world for chapped lips. I use this year round.
Stay warm out there!
Ahh, fall. It is hands down my favorite time of year. Pumpkin everything, falling leaves, crisp air, apple picking, I love it all. But my absolute favorite part of fall? The Clothes! Even though we are really only a few weeks into fall, I seem to already have a specific uniform going on.
Here’s what I have been rockin so far:
Back to school, Back to school, To prove to dad Im not a fool, Ive got my lunch packed up, My boots tied tight, I hope I don’t get in a fight..
Oohh back to school. I honestly have never been excited for Quinn to go back to school. Then this summer happened. It has been a challenging one to say the least. He thinks he’s hot stuff now. He is going into first grade, and will be 7 in a few months. This attitude he has lately, shit. I can’t take it. It’s like he’s a 13 year old girl going through puberty. Lets just say it’s been a rough few weeks here in the house.
So school clothes. I love buying Quinn school clothes. He is the easiest kid to shop for. Shoes? Black Toms. Pants? Anything but jeans. And the rest is whatever.
Here is Quinn’s favorite, must have back to school items:
1. Solid color V-neck shirts. He gets these every year. They are comfortable, and go with everything.
2. He says no jeans, but he is getting a pair anyways. These are adorable boys Volcom jeans. They are really good quality and will last the whole year.
3. Black Toms. Quinn has gotten a pair of black Toms every year since his first year of preschool. He says they are the most comfiest shoes ever.
4. Volcom shirt.
5. Fox tank top. Good for those warmer days at school.
6. Comfy sweats. Gotta be able to run around and sit comfortably, ya know!
7. Leggings. Lots and lots of leggings. This boy loves his leggings. Shh, I usually buy them from the girls section.
8. Basic shirts.
9. Hunter Rain Boots. If your child is anything like mine then they need some good quality rain boots. Once fall hits, he wears rain boots everyday. This kid loves his rain boots.
10. Book bag. This is the first time Quinn will actually need a book bag so we made sure to get one with nice, thick padded straps!
11. Hoodies. Who dosent love a comfy hoodie?
12. RVCA shirt.
13. Athletic pants. Perfect for gym days.
I still need to buy a few more things like a lunchbox, water bottle, and a few more clothing items. Luckily some things from kindergarten still fit so I wont have to buy as much.
So how id back to school shopping for you? Are your kids easy shoppers or picky? Do you mainly shop in stores or online?